Fundraising & Development Consultant
Recovery Vermont/The Vermont Association for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery (VAMHAR) is a statewide 501c3 nonprofit organization committed to enhancing the resources all Vermonters have available to overcome mental health challenges, substance use disorders, trauma, and other obstacles to enjoy healthy and happy lives.
We are deeply committed to ensuring Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are the foundation of all we do as an organization, and that all Vermonters have equitable access to the resources and supports they need to thrive.
Our Compass North is reducing deaths of despair from overdose and suicide.
We train all Recovery Coaches in the State of Vermont. We work with a diverse and powerful network of partners to offer Recovery Day and Mental Health Advocacy Day – free statewide education and advocacy events to reduce stigma surrounding mental health and substance use disorder and celebrate recovery and the resilience and accomplishments of Vermonters who have overcome mental health challenges and other barriers. We provide opportunities for all Vermonters to connect with elected and appointed officials, organizational leaders, direct service providers, advocates, and people with lived experience of acute adversity to understand and influence aspects of Vermont’s systems of care that need improvement, the most effective and inspiring programs and practices currently in place, and promising innovative approaches that can save and improve lives.
Recovery Vermont/VAMHAR is currently predominantly funded by state and federal grants and we seek to expand and diversify our funding streams.
VAMHAR is currently accepting proposals from development professionals with proven track-records of securing significant funding to provide us with part-time development support on a contractual basis. We are able to allocate $20,000 for this initial year one contract. For this initial phase of work, we are seeking proposals which articulate a plan to achieve the following goals and demonstrates a track record of proven success with similar goals in your previous development work:
- Design and implement an ongoing annual appeal process that raises at least $20,000.
- Begin to form relationships with Recovery Vermont/VAMHAR and philanthropists and private foundations that evolves into a major giving program and ongoing private sector support over time.
- Identify and apply for a 3-5 year Federal grant that provides at least $300,000 of annual funding, beginning in October of 2024.
- Plan and implement an annual fundraising event that makes at least $10,000
- Identify and secure a funding mechanism that pays for at least $20,000 of ongoing development work annually.
Interested parties please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/27/2023.
Proposals should include:
- Examples of your previous successful development work that specify the types of campaigns, grants, fundraising events, and philanthropic gifts you have previously secured and amounts of funding they yielded.
- How you would use the available development budget available of $20,000 to achieve the goals articulated in this RFP, and your proposed timeline for involved major activities.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.