Since 1939, the Vermont Association for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery (VAMHAR) has provided people across Vermont with services and support they need to achieve and maintain mental health and recovery from substance use disorders. The organization’s work includes training recovery coaches, supporting statewide recovery centers, lobbying for quality healthcare, housing, employment, and other supports, and reducing the stigma that so often prevents Vermonters from recovery and leading positive productive lives.
VAMHAR is currently searching for an experienced Executive Director with a history of engagement within the mental health and recovery communities. Grant funding expertise and strong communication skills are a requisite for this position.
VAMHAR is looking for a leader who can unite our team around common goals, collaborate with state, federal, and private nonprofit agencies to coordinate campaigns and delivery of services, develop and manage a budget based on grant funds with specific structures, deliverables, and reporting requirements, and provide the vision and drive necessary to ensure the long-term evolution and sustainability of our organization.
- Manage a team of six staff in a hybrid work environment with a physical base in Montpelier, VT, the state capital.
- Support a broad range of statewide initiatives, including recovery coach training and certification, recovery coaching in the ER, and VADIC, the Vermont Drug and Alcohol Information Clearinghouse
- Develop and implement organizational strategy focused on improved healthcare, community justice, housing, and employment services for Vermonters with mental health and substance use disorder issues.
- Ensure financial development to support operations and programming, including grant funding, multi-agency partnerships, and private donations.
- Maintain compliance with grant and private funding, including detailed administrative and expense tracking and meeting project deliverables
- Direct the successful engagement of VAMHAR with Statehouse leadership to pursue the development of state legislation that supports our mission
- 5+ years experience leading a community-based healthcare organization
- Master’s degree in public health or public administration preferred
- Deep understanding of issues facing the mental health and recovery communities
- Experience with state and federal grant application and administration
- Commitment to team-based leadership
- Experience with marketing and social media communications
- Commitment to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Salary Range: $85K+, with generous benefits, including health insurance, vacation, personal time off, and health savings account.
VAMHAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider
All VAMHAR staff contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.